Living in the city calls for a hectic lifestyle, where in we forget to take care of our own body. And it is absolutely not necessary to hit the gym for a fitter you. To be fit, first of all you need is, a better lifestyle, which is a gradual change. Begin with yoga asanas at home, they will help to strengthen, loosen, relax and stretch your muscles. These yoga postures help to improve blood circulation, digestion system, kidney functionality which will give us a healthy body and mind.
So, here are 5 yoga postures for a healthy lifestyle which can be made a routine as per your time convenience.
Related Post: 8 Simple Tricks to Release Stress Instantly
1. The Tree Pose – Vrikshana
This is a standing asana which requires immense concentration. In this posture you stretch your torso and hands, keeping eyes open and concentrating on some object/thing,resulting in better blood circulation. It also helps to strengthen your core, ankle and also improves body balance.
2. Reverse Boat Pose – Prishth Naukasana
This asana calls for lying flat on your stomach and stretching your arms and feet. This asana tones your kidneys and flattens tummy. It also helps to improve your digestive and reproductive system. Because you are stretching your body from each end; it helps to strengthen your body.
3. Downward Facing Dog Pose – Adho Mukha Svanasana
Sitting in one position for hours at work causes stiffness and back pain. This posture will release the stiffness and relax your body. Plus, this also helps to strengthens your bones and fights sinus and headaches.
4. Warrior Pose – Virabhadrasana
Another posture which is great to strengthen your core muscles and back. The stretching is really intense, which strengthens up human back, arm, thigh, shoulder, ankle and calf. The stretching on the legs helps to tone your thighs too. Plus, it is also a great way to relax your body.
5. Triangle Pose – Trikonasana
Want to get rid of that wiggly belly. Trikonasna is for you. This is good to burn fat and improve back posture. It also helps to strengthen knee, legs and ankles. It will stretch almost every parts of body. Plus, it is used for stress management.
Read on some tips before you get started.
- Don’t force yourself to achieve a certain asana. Try to stretch, till where your body allows you to.
- When you begin, try to get an instructor, who will guide to on how to follow these postures.
- If you have undergone any major surgery, consult a good yoga practitioner before giving a start for yoga.
- Try and push yourself a little further every day.
- Maintain a normal breathing rate.
- Always keep an eye on how aligned your body is. Maintain the posture at all times.