Diet does not mean you eat less or give up eating on all your favourite food which consist high cholesterol. It also does not mean I am advising you of having whatever food you want in your daily routine.Diet in my blog means how you can find substitute for your favourite food which in turn will help you to keep a check on your weight. You gym, jog and do yoga which will sweat you and help you reduce that extra fat but it’s also necessary to keep a check on what you eat and what could be the best substitute for your favourite food.
Here is the list of healthy substitutes for your favourite food which you should consider switching immediately.
Black Bean Pasta/Spaghetti
Just because you are on a diet, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a delicious Italian meal. Replace your regular white or wheat pasta with Asian Black Bean Pasta. Contains less calories compared to white pasta. Black bean pasta is a wonderful source of plant-based protein and it’s obviously gluten-free.
1. The beans high fiber content helps with digestion.
2. It has a low sugar content, so it doesn’t spike your glucose levels.
3. High in proteins.
4. Rich in fiber and low in fat.
Replace your whole wheat noodles with Soba noodles which are native Japanese noodles made of buckwheat flour. They are roughly as thick as spaghetti.
1. Buckwheat provides vitamins B1 and B2.
2. Rich in proteins and minerals.
3. Buckwheat includes the catechins of green tea and the polyphenols of red wine which helps to cut down fats.
4. Decreases cholesterol.
5. Promotes healthy bowel movements.
Undoubtedly, one of the hardest dairy products to substitute in cooking is cheese. Not to worry, we have some dairy-free cheeses. You heard that right! These vegan cheeses are so very dairy-like in taste. They melt, they shred, they slice up as fine as dairy cheese.
1. cholesterol free.
2. Trans fat free.
3. Free of all animal products (vegan).
4. Free of artificial ingredients.
5. Easier Digestion.
Greek Style Yogurt
Considerable amount of yogurt in your routine diet is OK. But, when you are on a mission of loosing weight everything you eat matters. Especially something which you like utmost and cannot give up. One such thing is yogurt or curds. Yogurts are rich in carbohydrates and fat. Greek Yogurt is great substitute where you just have to drain all the whey from the yogurt and freeze it.
1. Low Carbohydrates.
2. Low Fat and Lactose.
3. High Protein and calcium.
Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, bread complements any meal and it makes it harder to avoid eating bread. It’s time to switch to the Falxseed bread in order to shed pounds and get in the best shape of your life.
1. Excellent source of manganese, potassium and selenium.
2. Flax seed bread also contains essential fatty acids and dietary fiber.
3. Keep you fuller for long without adding more calories.
Nutritionist advice, eating a small cup of rice in a day is no harm. Rice is naturally low in fat, but it is high in carbohydrates. Brown Rice should be swapped for whit rice because it contains the bran layer of rice. This bran layer adds fiber and increases the nutritional content of rice.
1. High in protein, B vitamins, iron, magnesium and manganese content.
2. Higher fiber content compared to white rice.
3. Fibre in brown rice helps increase metabolic rate.
Extra virgin olive oil is one of the healthiest oils and is suitable for cooking in the oven and stir-frying. Both extra virgin and refined olive oil contain 78 percent monounsaturated fat and 14 percent saturated fat.
1. This oil is naturally free from cholesterol, salt, sugar, gluten and trans fats.
2. Prevents heart disease.
3. Olive oil helps in the absorption of calcium and strengthens your bone.
4. Olive oil serves as a lubricant for the digestive system.
5. Antioxidants in olive oil are beneficial to boost your metabolism.
6. The monounsaturated fatty acids present in extra virgin olive oil have also been associated with lowered risk of cardiovascular disease.